- Would you like to be at the heart of Asia's capital markets?
- Would you like to accelerate your career in the financial industry and be rewarded for it?
- Are you a fast learner who embodies Trust, Passion and Service?
Take up the challenge, stretch your limits and reach for your aspirations.
Join the SGX Management Associate (MA) Programme – A Unique Programme at a Unique Organisation for Unique Individuals
We broke the mould because our organisation is unique. We play a critical role as Asia’s leading and trusted market infrastructure, operating equity, fixed income and derivatives markets to the highest regulatory standards. As Asia’s most international, multi-asset exchange, SGX provides listing, trading, clearing, settlement, depository and data services, with about 40% of listed companies and 75% of listed bonds originating outside of Singapore.
We recognise that every individual is armed with different strengths and sensibilities. So, going beyond the traditional approach of having one programme that is applied to all, our MAs will be able to:
- Experience developmental journeys tailored to each individual, through structured work-based learning, formal learning and rotations to different departments
- Participate in business projects and special assignments to build your insights and experiences in various fields
- Work with different teams and leaders across units to hone your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Gain characteristic perspectives of an Exchange and the financial industry
- Choose from a wide-variety of roles to be hired into and have a home as soon as you join us
“This is truly a unique opportunity like no other. SGX's MA programme offers a broad range of experiences, with the chance to understand the Exchange business inside out.”
From the moment you choose to embark on your career with us, you will be an integral member of one of the exciting units listed below, and there will be opportunities to be exposed to other units, domains and special projects as part of your continuous development.
- Front Office - Equities / Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities / Data, Connectivity & Indices / Global Sales & Origination
- Mid Office - Risk Management / Regulation (RegCo) / Finance / Legal
- Back Office - Operations & Market Services / Technology
An example of your career pathway with us:
We place significant importance on promoting active learning and development throughout your career at SGX. You will be immersed in unique developmental experiences through structured work-based learning and formal learning. The structured work-based learning will provide critical on-the-job experiences for you to develop domain knowledge and skills.
You will get to work with different teams and leaders across units to hone your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. You will also be enrolled into focused learning opportunities your development as future leaders of SGX.
You would need to be a fresh graduate or young professional (with no more than 2 years of working experience) from a recognized university. While good academic results are important, we place great emphasis on selecting people who are able to:
- Build teams and collaborate
- Articulate vision and set direction
- Lead change and foster innovation
- Deliver results
- Be customer-centric
- Round 1: CV Screening
- Round 2: Online Assessments
- Round 3: Competency-based Interviews
- Round 4: Assessment Centre
- Round 5: Executive Management Interviews
The SGX Management Associate Programme is open for applications and will close at 2359 hrs on 13 March 2020.
Please apply for the role by clicking on the Jobs@SGX tab. Search for the position under Current Jobs Available, where you may submit a Cover Letter indicating your preferred track [i.e.Front Office, Mid Office or Back Office] and your CV. You may indicate interest in one or more of the above tracks, we will try our best to match your interests.
Curious about what our MAs say about the programme? Read more about their experiences, challenges and successes below.
“My professor shared that one thing was for sure. When the top management designed this programme, they were serious about grooming and cultivating young talent to be the next management group in SGX.”
|More about Lester|
“What attracted me to SGX was the clarity in its mission, and I clearly understood what the organisation strived to achieve.”
|More about Keri|
“As a fresh graduate, not many would choose the path of an Exchange or know what it is all about. In the Exchange, we participate in all segments of the market. Getting to work with people from different segments of the industry has given me a good grasp of the mechanics of the financial world, and what is crucial for its survival.”
|More about Derek|
Tom Vo Thanh Trung
“SGX is well-known in the financial services community, so working for such a prestigious brand-name was a huge draw factor. The MA programme is also uniquely tailored to each individual in order to maximize his or her growth and exposure.”
|More about Tom|
“Every TA has a unique experience, each TA will have a story of theirs to share after two years. This is what makes the TA Programme special. The diversity of the experience and knowledge that one can gain in the two year programme is invaluable.”
|More about Suqin|