|Business / Support Unit||:||Energy Market Company|
Our Market Administration Team is seeking to appoint a Senior Economist with well-developed analytical skills including innovative problem solving and influencing skills, attention to details and the ability to identify and investigate matters requiring analysis whilst developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders. The Senior Economist reports to the Senior Vice President of the Market Administration Team. This team plays a key role in the development of Singapore’s wholesale electricity market.
• Ensuring that recommendations made on market design and rule changes meet the Singapore Government’s strategic objective to have an efficient and competitive electricity industry in Singapore.
• Identify opportunities to influence market designs so EMC is positioned to maximise its contribution to the success of the energy market, including, economic, policy, regulatory, and technological markets.
• Critically analyse the NEMS market to identify areas of inefficiency and initiate improvements to the market to reduce or eliminate these areas.
• Develop medium to long term road maps of how the energy market in Singapore may develop and evolve by leading analysis of current arrangements and options for improvement.
• Promote the creation of strategic opportunities and develop proposals with consultation from key industry and EMC stakeholders.
• Communicate, advise and interact with all Market Participants, services providers and EMA on market design issues based on expert knowledge on wholesale electricity market design, rule change and registration issues.
• Manage and present rule change proposals supported by Rules Change Panel to the EMC Board for adoption. • Manage and prepare reports of rule changes for approval.
• Promote, manage and conduct training programmes.
• Support EMC’s business development initiatives, which includes the development of proposals and submissions for tenders, corporate presentations and travelling overseas to provide consultancy services.
• At least a 2nd class Upper Honours in Economics from a reputable university.
• 4 to 6 years of working experience in an analytical/regulatory environment. • Good overall understanding of operational, financial and legal concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as good writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge/high interest of energy markets at an operational and policy level of gas, electricity and emerging energy related markets.
• Knowledge of Gas Industry/Market would be an added advantage
• Well-developed analytical skills including innovative problem solving and influencing skills.
• Attention to details and the ability to identify and investigate matters requiring analysis whilst developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Willing to travel for work purposes.
• Knowledge/high interest in energy market regulatory framework design, operations or analyses, with a focus on producing high quality documents and presenting the content internally and externally.
• An understanding of the technical and/or economic issues affecting the operations of the electricity system in Singapore, along with a practical working knowledge of the political, regulatory and economic frameworks in which EMC operates.
• Knowledge and experience in transitioning market policy and design into a practical working model while assessing whether existing market design is sufficiently robust to accommodate potential external changes in environment.