|Position||:||Senior Associate/ Assistant Vice President, Legal|
|Business / Support Unit||:||Legal, Compliance & Corporate Secretariat|
- Reports to Lead Counsel, Legal within SGX Group’s Legal, Compliance and Corporate Secretariat unit.
Provide legal support on matters relating to SGX’s and its subsidiaries’ business and regulatory activities globally, including but not limited to:
- operating exchanges and clearing houses for securities and derivatives;
- operating Singapore’s central securities depository;
- providing and calculating market benchmarks; and
- operating Singapore’s wholesale electricity market.
- Further SGX’s commercial interests, while ensuring that legal, reputational and other relevant risks are mitigated. Support SGX’s compliance frameworks and processes.
- Keep abreast of, and advise on, legal and regulatory developments both in Singapore and foreign jurisdictions in which SGX maintains key business interests.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts and regulatory instruments, which include but are not limited to service-level agreements, licensing agreements, rulebooks, and terms and conditions for services.
- Engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders and service providers. These include senior management, market participants, regulators and external counsel.
- Good Bachelor’s degree in law with 4 to 8 years’ experience.
- In-depth experience in corporate and commercial matters at a highly-rated law firm or in a large in-house setting. Compliance or litigation experience would be a plus.
- Preference for experience with supporting stakeholders in the financial services industry, including familiarity with local and foreign regulatory frameworks and liaison with regulators.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to oversee multiple projects.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, coupled with commercial sensibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, while collaborating effectively with team members and stakeholders.