|Position||:||Assistant Vice President, Communications (6 Months)|
|Business / Support Unit||:||Gender Diversity Unit|
|Function||:||Gender Diversity Unit|
To develop marketing and communications strategies and implement initiatives to promote greater awareness of Council for Board Diversity (CBD) message and drive positive change towards appointing women board directors. Responsible for media outreach and be the main point of contact for media channels (including social media).
- Work with leadership team and relevant stakeholders to conceptualize, develop and implement corporate messaging and media strategies to engage and raise awareness amongst target groups.
- Responsible for editorial, design, production and distribution of all CBD marketing materials
- Draft and distribute news releases using a combination of traditional and social media channels
- Produce media briefing materials; research and respond to press enquiries
- Develop and deliver a regular flow of news, story ideas and commentary pieces to raise the profile of CBD and its message
- Work with and support colleagues to keep website and social media content relevant and up to date
- Responsible for the monitoring, evaluating and development of media channels to raise awareness of CBD’s message through identifying influencers and stories
- Work with leadership team to conceptualise and manage CBD’s programmes and events
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience with proven track record in delivering successful advocacy campaigns, preferably in a non-profit organization, using a variety of tools, techniques and channels with minimal supervision.
- A strong network of journalist contacts across print, online and broadcast media outlets
- Keen Interest in corporate governance issues and social implications of women’s leadership.
- Good project and event management skills
- Good teamwork and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a strong attention to detail and in a timely manner.