|Position||:||Assistant Vice President, Risk Control|
|Business / Support Unit||:||Risk Management|
Reporting to the Head of Risk Control, we are looking for an experienced credit risk professional to join the Risk Management function. The incumbent will have the responsibility to lead development and execution of internal credit risk management policies and procedures, focusing on counterparty credit risk assessment for on boarding of new counterparties, and close monitoring of credit risk exposure, market intelligence and counterparty credit quality. There will be overlapping work in Risk Control function across SGX’s different business lines covering multiple asset classes as well as existing and potential new business.
The incumbent needs to demonstrates the following:
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative credit models and methodologies, and competency in application of such models to support various business lines;
- Perform counterparty credit risk due diligence reviews and credit (rating) scoring, and recommend/set appropriate credit limit levels to support Fixed Income business line;
- Implement and maintain credit risk analytic model for management of credit risks across regulated Clearing Members and other financial. Review the model for its relevance, accuracy and reliability given ongoing changes in economic and business environment;
- Analyze trends, review economic & industry factors, and work with business to make recommendations on Fixed Income instruments to keep exposure within risk appetite;
- Prepare/review regular credit risk and exposure reports for management and regulatory reporting;
- Being able to demonstrate strong interest and some knowledge of other areas with credit risk such as retail credit risk etc.
- The candidate need to be open to learning and potentially working in all areas of risk as we are a small team which encourages cross training, openness and a non-silo organization.
- Bachelor degree Quantitative Finance/Business Administration/Accountancy, with minimum 5+ years’ experience in the area of Counterparty Credit Risk, Market Risk or Risk Monitoring.
- Good understanding and experience dealing with counterparty credit analysis, financial statement analysis and setting of counterparty credit/trading limits.
- Understanding of market risk, including concepts such as risk factors, stress testing, VaR, mark to market, and risk sensitivities across asset classes.
- Understanding of securities products and usage, which include fixed income, equities, FX and commodities instruments.
- Technical skill set, including databases and programming, preferably Python, will be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently, and also be an effective team player
- The individual must have good organizational skills in managing tasks and deliverables
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt
- Good written and oral communication skills