|Position||:||Senior Associate/ Assistant Vice President ─ Business Continuity Management|
|Business / Support Unit||:||Risk Management|
|Function||:||Business Continuity Management|
Senior Associate/ Assistant Vice President (AVP) ─ Business Continuity Management
The Singapore Exchange (SGX) owns and operates the only integrated securities exchange and derivatives exchange in Singapore and their related clearing houses. The securities exchange was the first fully electronic and floorless exchange in Asia. SGX serves a wide array of international and domestic investors and end users, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, and have been among the most innovative exchanges in the world in technological and new product development. Therefore, the ability to prepare for contingencies and to mitigate against them, is of utmost importance to SGX.
The Business Continuity Management (BCM) function has overall responsibility business continuity planning (BCP) in SGX. The BCM function reports into the Chief Risk officer within SGX and cuts across all functions, ensuring preparedness in the event of a disaster.
This position is responsible for oversight of the Incident Management, Crisis Management Program, Crisis Communications and Disaster Recovery plans. The BCM team is responsible for the coordination, facilitation and enforcement of the BCM policy. It oversees the implementation of the BCM lifecycle activities within SGX. This includes business continuity planning, project management, development of the Business Impact Analysis (BIA), Business Continuity Plans and process and procedures, including development of disaster scenarios and the conduct of BCM exercises.
The role requires an individual with high commitment, organization skills and the ability to handle stress in a fast paced and ever changing environment. An individual that thrives on challenges, with a goal of achievement and success will be suitable for the role.
The role reports to the BCM Head within the BCM unit.
- Assist the BCM Head to oversee the Business Management Program for SGX
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends and incidents. Monitors potential threats and informs and advises the organization.
- Work with individuals at all levels for crisis management preparedness.
- Coordinate special projects as needed, related to expansion of the Incident/Crisis Management program.
- Participate in new initiatives to identify potentially new/emerging risks. Develop roadmap based on new threats.
- Interaction with senior leadership in assigned business units and across the organization.
- Oversee disaster recovery and incident response integration efforts with crisis management.
- Collaborate with business and support units to ensure alignment of business priorities, crisis and disaster responses, integrated plan execution and overall company recoverability.
- Coordinate IT Business Impact Analysis process (BIA) and assess the corporate BIA and provide recommendations.
- Provide reports through facilitation of the Business Continuity Management Committee steering committee.
- Oversee monitoring of the BCM program as it relates to audit and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for directing, raising awareness and updating the units’ business continuity planning coordinators in regards to the BCM program across the organization.
- Ensuring all personnel with specific Business Continuity responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfill their assigned responsibilities.
- Work with business units with development and maintenance of Business Continuity plans including assessment of potential business impact, definition of critical, time-sensitive functions.
- Oversee, develop and implement improvements and efficiencies in both BIA and Business Continuity Program.
- Bachelor's degree preferably from a technology background
- Recognized professional certification in business continuity, disaster recovery or crisis management preferred.
- 8+ years relevant experience required including experience in incident management and crisis management
- Sound knowledge and understanding of disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing exercises, program training, BIA and response to a disaster declaration
- Knowledge of best practices (e.g. ISO22301:2012) and financial regulatory requirements such as MAS Technology Risk Management Guidelines, MAS Business Continuity Management Guidelines, and IOSCO Principles
- Strong verbal/written communications. Able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with representatives from various business units across the organization
- Proven successful track record of working in highly stressful environments with unexpected challenges in times of crisis
- Effective team player
- Capable of making sound judgments based on the weight of available data
- Ownership of new ideas, challenging ideas constructively
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of efficiency
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Strong sense of responsibility with the ability to work alone with minimum supervision