|Position||:||Head of Retail & Intermediaries|
|Business / Support Unit||:||Equities|
|Function||:||Research & Retail|
Reporting to the Head of Equities, you will lead a team to:
1) build strong business partnerships with local and regional intermediaries in Asia to promote SGX-listed products and drive business goals and
2) lead Retail Sales & Marketing team focusing on investor education through SGX Academy to support business goals, develop industry collaborations to promote retail investing mindshare and pathways through education and training.
This includes active marketing of SGX-listed Products working in collaboration with industry participants especially intermediaries such as brokers (exchange members), private banks, independent financial advisors and insurers in the region to drive trading activity, promote market efficiencies. You will also collaborate and work effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure that insight from members is fed back to SGX to ensure that clients’ opportunities and concerns are addressed.
Business Relationship Management
- A primary conduit between local/regional intermediaries and SGX – deepen relations and collaboration to drive business goals.
- Liaise with SG Members manage the process for SGX initiatives, e.g. policies or market microstructure implementation
- Facilitate strong collaborative relationship with intermediaries/Member Companies and their affiliates through regular dialogues.
- Develop international relationships with institutional brokers both in Singapore and in Asia as well as their foreign subsidiaries that are actively trading SG market. Cultivate end-to-end understanding of their business and their clients.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues with SGX internal constituents and improve service standards, streamline procedures and provide feedback on service delivery and infrastructure requirements.
- Assist Members, when needed, on SGX matters, products and the use of services
- Develop useful insights regarding the industry distribution landscape (macro level) and insights into individual Member’s developments, focus and resource areas (micro level).
Voice of the Client
- Share insight and knowledge of various Intermediaries’ business models, clients, opportunities and challenges
- Identify business opportunities that are relevant to Members and highlight to SGX stakeholders. Lead and drive those opportunities where possible.
- Identify gaps/challenges where SGX can assist to support members
Distribution & Product Marketing
- Market new and existing key products and services to Members, their Affiliates and their sales force.
- Collaborate with Members and Affiliates on joint marketing activities and sales force training to ensure an effective distribution.
- Project management for joint marketing/collaboration with industry partners
- Understand the competitive landscape that challenges SGX-listed products and propose counter measures. Identify market opportunities where they exist.
- Track trading performance of our Members and recommend joint engagement actives to keep their performance in line with or exceed market growth.
- Ultimately, to win greater mind share, relevance, and share of wallet
- Promote retail investment participation in SGX listed securities
- Develop and execute marketing strategies, programs and plans to retail investors to support business goals.
- Conceptualization, development, and implementation of investor education, acquisition, and activation for key retail segments, including leveraging relevant distribution channels (either direct or via partner collaborations) and product programs.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in securities and derivatives industry in marketing/sales function, preferably with business development and relationships for ASEAN regional securities brokerage (specifically Thailand/Malaysia, Indon/Vietnam).
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry products and services, clearing, broking and trading Members’ business, operations and market connectivity, and industry’s current best practices.
- Well networked, with existing strong relationships with market participants. Demonstrated ability to build good business relationships, with strong communication, writing and public/seminar speaking skills and experience.
- Proven strategic thinking and negotiation skills with the ability to influence clients, and senior management, and motivate peers and team.
- Track record of operational background and ability to translate strategy to tactical delivery and deployment.
- High energy, positive attitude, results-oriented and decisive. Able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible, proactive, independent thinker and leader. Well organized and demonstrates professional business protocols.
- Ability to direct and lead team and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources.