|Position||:||Director, SGX Sales - Taiwan Market|
|Business / Support Unit||:||Global Sales Origination|
|Function||:||Equities & FICC Sales and Singapore & ROA|
Based in Singapore, this position is responsible for sales and marketing of SGX products (Derivatives & Securities) in Taiwan with a focus on buy side and sell side firms; in particular, with asset managers, hedge funds, Insurance Companies and Taiwanese banks. The key deliverable of the role is to promote secondary market activity in SGX equity and derivatives markets by way of direct institutional client engagement to drive growth in volumes and revenue. The individual is required to identify appropriate client strategies, and execute sales campaigns and acquisitions. The position reports to both the Head of Business Development, Greater China as well as our Head of Singapore and Rest of Asia, based in Singapore.
- Meet new institutional client sales targets and milestone objectives to enhance volume and revenue.
- Seek to acquire new clients, as well as members for our various businesses.
- Identify and explore sales and business opportunities through on-going proactive contact initiatives (maintain and build relationships) with target institutional clients
- Make use of internal sales tools and processes to ensure alignment of corporate sales objectives and assist in maintenance and development of client depositories and MIS.
- Conduct sales and marketing activities in accordance with internal policies, as well as rules and regulations.
- Identify and execute marketing and educational initiatives to attract new clients to participate in the SGX product set (Financial and Commodities Derivatives & Equities & Bonds).
- Develop internal relationships and interface effectively to solve client issues and steer product offering to meet industry demand.
- Identify and respond to opportunities that would impact sales and customer satisfaction with each client including regular communications and client inquiries.
- Express and apply a strong knowledge of SGX products (Financial and Commodities Derivatives & Equities & Bonds), processes and rules.
- Keep SGX Management apprised of developments in the region covered in terms of development including regulation/industry trends, threats and opportunities and provide ideas to deal with these phenomena.
- Represent SGX professionally – both directly and with clients in industry events. This will include identifying suitable events and forums at which to represent SGX in a speaking role capacity.
Key Elements of the Role
- Strong prior Taiwan based institutional sales experience and sales track record with demonstrable success in the area of client acquisition and/or revenue enhancement.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, best practices, developments, client trends, product developments, and an extensive network of industry connections.
- High energy, strong presence and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Integrity and strong team player orientation.
- Culturally sensitive and versatile.
- Goal-oriented, possesses drive to meet ambitious targets, in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong influencing skills, persuasive and good in negotiations, logical in reasoning.